It is the philosophy of MCP Solicitors that prevention is better than cure and this is never more true than in the field of Employment law.
Your employees are your most valuable asset - they can also be your most expensive if you are unable to keep up with the rapidly changing legal requirements.
Having the proper procedures in place will help avoid conflict and litigation. If however, a problem arises which is not capable of amicable resolution then our experienced team of Employment lawyers can provide representation at a Tribunal hearing. Most of our Employment lawyers will be able to represent you in court.
Some of the areas we can help with include:
- Employment Contracts
- Directors Service Contracts
- Disciplinary Procedures
- Discrimination (Age, Sex, Religion etc)
- Executive Severance and Mutual Termination
- Flexible Working
- Commission and Bonuses
- Maternity/Paternity Leave and Pay
- Minimum Wage
- Notice Periods
- Parental Leave
- Performance Appraisals
- Part Time and Full Time Workers
- Restrictive Covenants
- Tribunals and Appeals
- Unfair Dismissal
- Working Time Regulations
MCP’s employment insurance scheme
We are also able to offer an insurance scheme tailored to your needs, which would cover any potentially expensive proceedings.
What is offered as part of the scheme?
In return for a single fixed annual fee we will provide:
- An initial audit and updating of your employment contracts, handbooks, policies and procedures.
- Provide the above documents if you do not already have them.
- Advise you on implementing the policies and any changes to contracts etc.
- Provide you with advice as and when you need it in connection with any employment related issue. This advice will be provided by our own solicitors. We do not use advice help lines.
- Provide you with advocacy services before a tribunal in the event of a claim being made against you. This will be by solicitors in the firm or Counsel instructed by us. We do not use consultants.
- Provide you with insurance covering the cost of any award made against you in respect of Unfair Dismissal or Discrimination claims.
N.B. 5 & 6 are subject to you seeking our advice prior to taking any action and to you acting in accordance with that advice.
The insurance element included in the scheme is provided by Temple Legal Protection Limited.
What will the scheme cost?
The cost of the scheme is based upon your gross annual payroll (including directors). The fees can be paid by way of a single annual premium or by monthly instalments. The contract is for 12 months at a time. No notice is required to terminate at the end of a 12 month period, but the contract cannot be terminated earlier.
For more information please contact Paul Garner on 01945 428008 (or firstname.lastname@example.org).